|Hero has just defeated Turmos, one of the bosses. Will you be so lucky?|
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Hi everyone! We showed Oceanhorn for Touch Arcade and a small gameplay capture can be watched on Touch Arcade's youtube channel. We got some pretty fantastic feedback from gamers around the world. It felt good to show something more recent, but remember that this couple of minutes of gameplay is only a glimpse of things to come!
During the past month or so we have been concentrating on world map gameplay, boss fights and on the main quest itself. We are almost ready to show you some more of that world map gameplay, but not yet. Before that, I would like to share an Oceanhorn wallpaper with you!
Friday, March 1, 2013
|Screenshot of Shame.|
An early prototype of Oceanhorn was automatically released on App Store last night. It was night time in Finland, that's why it was live for hours before we heard about it ourselves and pulled the plug. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.
Those of you who purchased Oceanhorn, get your refund through App Store channels.
- In receipt email, or from iTunes Purchase History, click "Report a Problem" link
- Select "This application does not function as expected" for explanation
- To comments write: "Developer has issued that this is an unfinished build of Oceanhorn and it was accidentally released. oceanhorn.blogspot.com"
Again, we are deeply sorry for this pre-mature release. We hope this does not change your enthusiasm towards Oceanhorn.
So what happened? If you want to reserve a name for your game on App Store, you will need to upload a playable build to iTunes Connect. The build that was now automatically released, is 1.5 years old. It does not compare to the final product in any way.
Hey, maybe we should compare it. Here are some of the more recent media from Oceanhorn.
|This is where the game begins!|
|Withered Lands is definitely not a boring place.|
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Oh man, how time flies. It has been a hectic year here at our studio. Oceanhorn project has grown from a 3D-tile tech demo into a full-blown adventure engine and the stuff that comes from the other end gives me goose bumps - of excitement. A year ago when we announced Oceanhorn, we never guessed how many people a simple announcement would attract. We learned that people wanted, no they needed an Action RPG like this for their iOS devices.
Because of your high expectations, we have worked hard and given all the time on our hands for the game. Everyday our adventure grows bigger, everyday the game becomes better, and everyday I'm more confident that this is what you players want. And that is what we are going to give for Oceanhorn - more time.
Oceanhorn that will be released in 2013 is a better game than the one that was initially planned for 2012.
After we released our last gameplay video, we got contacted by so many wonderful people who wanted to help us! One party stood out from the crowd. They were fans of the genre, they had played and loved the games that inspired Oceanhorn, and they had their best intentions to help us to give Oceanhorn all the polish it needs.
Now, Cornfox & Brothers are happy to announce that as an outcome of fruitful negotiations, we have begun cooperation with FDG Entertainment to bring you the best adventure game of 2013.
*** *** *** ***
|Fantastic items and spells help you on your adventure|
Cornfox is a three man team, so FDG comes in at perfect time to give us the privilege to concentrate on the game itself. Here is a summary of the things that we've worked on lately:
- Shield incoming attacks, bomb your way through walls, snipe down enemies with a bow, dodge roll and jump over ledges with trencher boots.
- We have implemented exciting interactive spells! Line up enemies for perfect FIRE shot. Throw items at enemies with FORCE spell.
|Last arrow - make it count|
- Use your hard earned money to improve your Items and Spells. You get more arrows and bombs, your sword deals more damage and you get new properties for your items.
- Floating Directional Controls: People have spoken and we listened. Big virtual stick is now gone. Game will include control options for all tastes.
- We are very pleased how items and spells gave much needed depth to the combat. There is nothing more pleasing than shooting down a Crapybara (that red insect thing) from a ledge, or performing an perfect dodge roll before Ogre hits you with a hammer and counterattacking him from behind.
|Old Fortress hides a secret|
- Switches, spikes, arrow traps, raising blocks, laser turrets and intelligent enemy respawning gives you hard time in dungeons and temples, but you will love every puzzling minute of it.
- Project started in 2010, so the character model in all its 800 polygon glory started to show its age. Well, we have a new higher polygon main character model now - better suited for adventures played in 2013!
CINEMATICS and STORY
- Epic adventure needs epic storytelling, starring Ray Chase as hero's father's voice.
- Compare your BRAVE RANK together with your friends. Are you a Rookie Adventurer, Treasure Hunter or simply a Legend. Brave Rank tracks your every kill, discovered treasure chest and completed challenge to give you bragging rights.
*** *** *** ***
|Graveyard Island - one of the many small islands with side quests|
See?! A lot of great stuff is coming up and our cooperation with FDG Entertainment is going to provide Oceanhorn something even more amazing, but we will tell you more about that later! :)
Have a great holidays and see you in 2013. Remember, we might be silent, but it only means we are working. Constantly. All the time. Until it's out.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Finally, it is here! Oceanhorn Secret gameplay Part 2! As you can see, game has progressed tremendously since the last gameplay video. Check out 3 minutes of adventure as nameless hero lands on Chronicler's Island to seek information about Oceanhorn.
More stuff coming up!
Thursday, September 20, 2012
|You can carry tens of objects. World also reacts to thrown objects!|
|World of Uncharted Seas is filled with caves and ruins of old civilization.|
Here's some fresh screenshots for our followers!
Making a game as an artist is both fun and rewarding. You get to see a world that was in your head growing richer and richer everyday and after some time you get past the point where your world is no longer collection of symbols (Here is a tree, ok it's a forest. Stone walls, that must mean it's a cave.) but an actual place inside a game. Over 100 objects are modeled so far, along with 3D maptiles, enemies and characters. We hope you enjoy these screenshots!
Monday, July 2, 2012
What you see up there is our new company logo! Motivation behind our face lift is that our old (but still semi-cool) logo was hard to interpret in small size, like say in mobile phone screen.
We built in achievement system for ourselves inside the logo. That star you see there means that people have downloaded over 10 million copies of our games. All that is coming from Death Rally at the moment, but we are sure we will earn another star after the Oceanhorn is released, right? ;)
First game carrying our new company logo is Death Rally's PC version that is to be released in 3rd of August in Steam!
In fact, this is the game that was holding our attention this spring. It was a great project and we worked really hard on it. Design wise, we went through the whole package and designed balance and progression from scratch - there's no dead weight left from iOS game, everything is re-thought a PC gamer in mind. Game uses high-end graphic shaders, like reflections, normal maps and specular maps. I went through all the cars and weapons to make use of the extra tricks available. Sugarcoated with stunning new menus, re-drawn comics by comic artist Jarno Kantelinen and a new level to play (called Savo) Death Rally's PC version is a must have!
Monday, May 28, 2012
"Most anticipated iPhone and iPad games"
Fantastic news came to our attention! Chris Buffa from Gametrailers featured Oceanhorn in Gametrailers' Side Mission article of "Most Anticipated iPhone and iPad Games".
I personally refresh Gametrailers.com many times a day and finding your own game from there felt fantastic. Chris had also noted we hadn't updated for a while, we are glad he picked our game on that list nevertheless!